I want to thank Joe Levine for his Keynote at our conference this year.
A huge shout-out goes to our vendors. We had many vendors who have been with us for years that came again. In addition, there were some vendors who supported the Utah State Science Teacher's Association conference for the first time. I had quite a few conference attendees come up and tell me how helpful these vendors were. Describing how to use a product instead of just trying to sell it was a big hit with all of the attendees. Teachers enjoyed the "Ice Cream Social" provided by Pearson Education. Many vendors were also very generous in providing "door prizes" to share with conference attendees. Thanks so much for all you do to support science education.
Of course, the conference could not have happened without session presenters. Thanks to each and every one of you. I know that a lot of time was taken to prepare the material you provided. Conversations overheard in the hallway often revolved around something exciting that was gained in a session. Please consider preparing another presentation for next year's conference. If you did not present, I am confident that you have something you could share - would you please consider submitting a presentation for next year's conference please?
I would be remiss to not thank our outgoing president Barbara and the great USTA Board. Their volunteer work on behalf of Utah Science Teachers is incredible. Thanks sounds so trite for all they have done, but it is said with all sincerity.
No comments:
Post a Comment