I am so excited for our Mid-Winter USTA Conference. I find this conference to be a great way to grow professionally every year. Several people have already submitted an application to present at the conference. If you have not submitted to present, please consider what you could share with other science teachers. I am serious - this is what I started with when I began presenting at USTA conferences. Think of the one lesson your students seem to understand best and submit an application to present about that lesson (or lab). The application is
online this year!
I am very excited about the upcoming conference. There will be strands to help teachers who have desires to learn about specific content areas. As you consider applying to present, look at the strand list and see what area your idea best fits:
- Elementary K-2
- Elementary 3-6
- 7th and 8th grade
- Earth Systems Science
- Biology
- Chemistry
- Physics
- Environmental Education
- Technology
- Vendor
- Make and Take
I also appreciate how for many years the USTA board has recognized good science teachers throughout the state. This year, we are trying to expand the opportunities for individuals to be recognized for their work in science education. Please take a few minutes and nominate a fellow science teacher (or yourself) for one of the USTA recognition awards.
This nomination is also online. Remember those who are recognized receive an award, a banquet dinner for two, and recognition!

Please mark your calendars and join me and the entire USTA board at our Mid-Winter Conference. The conference will be February 12 and 13, 2010. To help with budgets, we will hold the conference at Valley High School again. This school is just south of the 106th South exit from I-15. You can enter the address in
Google Maps and get directions that match the map on the right. The registration form will be posted on the
USTA website shortly. Pre-register to reserve your spot for this great event.
Do you have a tentative schedule yet?
ReplyDeleteThe tentative schedule is still being worked out. I'll post here as soon as we have more information available.
ReplyDeleteHope to see you at the conference!