Monday, February 1, 2010

Two weeks and counting

I am getting excited for our conference in two weeks! Registration begins at 8:00 AM at Valley High School. Our keynote will begin at 9:00 AM - I look forward to hearing Dr. Mario Capecchi speak. What a great opportunity to learn from a Nobel Prize Laureate. There are over 50 Breakout Sessions scheduled.

Our schedule this year includes strands based on grades and content areas. The strands this year include
  • General Science Interest
  • Elementary K-2
  • Elementary 3-6
  • 7th and 8th grade
  • Earth Systems Science
  • Biology
  • Chemistry
  • Physics
  • Environmental Education
  • Technology
  • Vendor
  • Make and Take (Chemistry)
The conference will be February 12 and 13, 2010. To help with budgets, we will hold the conference at Valley High School again. This school is just south of the 106th South exit from I-15. You can enter the address in Google Maps and get directions that match the map on the right.

A DRAFT schedule of our conference is available now. Please be aware that the scheduled sessions may change prior to the conference.

I look forward to share this opportunity to grow through this Professional Development opportunity with you.

1 comment:

  1. Glen
    Where and what time is the awards banquet being held?

    ReplyDelete